Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 31st December 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Tethered Control for E-3 in Olympus Studio... what will I get...?

Hey All

Just wondering what the extent of tethered control is when using Olympus Studio with the E-3...? Do you just get to control the same parameters that are on the camera, or does this extend to focus AND image? Do you see on the PC what the camera sees...?

Anyone here tried tethered control yet...?

Old 31st December 2007
wombat1953

Talking Re: Tethered Control for E-3 in Olympus Studio... what will I get...?

John
I had a quick play with it a week ago, just checking everything was actually working.
From my quick non exhaustive test you can take shots using your desktop computer/laptop and they are saved back to your computer rather than the camera CF card. big bonus if you are working away from home and have your laptop with you but not many cards...
Most of the controls on the camera are replicated, but I don't think you can actually see what the camera is pointing at until the shot is actually taken, at which point it appears on your computer screen.
I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to enlighten you more than my quick looksee.
regards

Steve

And you all have a great new year...
Old 31st December 2007
emirpprime

Re: Tethered Control for E-3 in Olympus Studio... what will I get...?

That is what I remember too. What I found best, was that it will save them to a folder on the HDD. You can then use the watched folder function in your image editor (if relevant, like Lightroom, Capture One, Bibble and others where they automatically import files found in that location) so that you can use the better features and faster processing they offer.

Studio has 2 modes, one display the shots taken only (tethered mode) and on where you can change the cameras settings (control mode). I found it a bit slow, but not bad for static subjects.

All the best,
Phil