Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 14th November 2007

Liked 741 Times in 260 Posts
E3 pix with new firmware.

Copied this link of Brian Mosley's on dpvriew.

http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e_3ult.html

Regards. Barr1e
Old 14th November 2007
Vokesie

Re: E3 pix with new firmware.

Noise performance: who decided this should be such a high profile consideration in lab based reviews? Canon? I wonder why? The E-3 is an excellent performer, but if you need to shoot predominantly low light, be prepared for fine grained noise

Im a little concerned about the noise issue I hope they have atlered this after all they only tested the Pre-Production unit.

as most of my photography is low-light ISO 800 upwards this concerns me a bit.

I hope I wont be let down with the image quality after spending all that money !!
Old 14th November 2007
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokesie View Post
Noise performance: who decided this should be such a high profile consideration in lab based reviews? Canon? I wonder why? The E-3 is an excellent performer, but if you need to shoot predominantly low light, be prepared for fine grained noise

Im a little concerned about the noise issue I hope they have atlered this after all they only tested the Pre-Production unit.

I hope I wont be let down with the image quality after spending all that money !!
You and me both m8t
Old 14th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have a look here, you can compare image samlpes from different cameras side by side.

In my opinion the E-3 is about 1.5-2 stops worse that a Canon 1D mk3, at maximum iso, maybe less. Remember the E-3 has IS which should be worth at least 3stops.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM