Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 5th August 2016

Liked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Amazing Photo Exhibition in SW France

The small French village of Barro (situated halfway between Poitiers and Angoulême, in the Charente Departement) holds an annual "Festival of Photo Reportage", which quite literally fills the village. Subjects are generally in the reportage category, but in recent years have featured wildlife, landscape, sports, portraiture and technical subjects. Pictures are displayed along the streets, in the church, in barns and parks and on the walls of buildings.

I have been visiting for several years, and would recommend anyone who is in western France between 17 and 25 September to make the effort to visit. The exhibition (google "Barrobjectif") has a website (in French only).

Two years ago I met Ian Wilson, the first British photographer to be invited to exhibit at Barro - There is a link on the Barrobjectif website to an album of his taken at the 2014 exhibition which gives a good idea of what the event is like. Unfortunately I cannot insert a link as I have not posted enough in this forum.

This year's exhibition runs from 17 to 25 September and is open during daylight hours; entrance is free.

David
The Following User Says Thank You to dcbrookes For This Useful Post:
JohnGG (7th August 2016)

Tags
exhibition, france