Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd August 2008
Banned

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Any downside to Silkypix?

Last time I went through the "which RAW processor to use?" I settled on RawShooter - which was fine until Adobe decided to buy the company and stop development.

Which was recoverable because they gave Lightroom 1 to registered Rawshooter users. Happyish with the processing options that Lightroom gives, but don't care for Adobe as a company, and really dislike all the cataloguing nonsense (quite capable of organising that for myself thankyou).

Now here comes Lightroom 2 as a paid-for upgrade (I know I don't have to upgrade, but past experience tells me that older versions of Adobe stuff get left high-and-dry). For whatever reason I can't reach the Adobe website this week.

So I looked around again, mostly at Silkypix because it was a near miss last time I paid for PP software - Version 3 seems a step up from Version 2. Started a trial, like the results. Takes a bit of adjusting to, but I think I'm mostly there.

But, are there any bears lurking in the undergrowth that would make me regret?

In the interim I've looked casually at most of the alternatives - haven't been much tempted. But if anyone knows something that's "streets ahead" that would be interesting.