Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 5th January 2009

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Duxford Imperial War Museum

A few of us from the Olympus Safari Group are heading up to Duxford Imperial War Museum (Just off the M11 near Cambridge) at the end of the month (Saturday 31st January).

Luckily most of the exhibits are within the huge hangers so we don't have to worry about the weather and it should be a good day, lots to see for the photographers and non-photographer a like.

If anyone would like to come along please feel free. If we can get a group of 10 or more together,which should be a problem, there is a group discount reducing entry to 12 each.

More details can be found at link or alternative leave a note here and I'll forward further details on.

Regards

Simon
Old 26th January 2009

Re: Duxford Imperial War Museum

Well it looks like we are going to have a good turn out at Duxford this coming Saturday!

About 12 Olympus owners have contacted me to confirming they are interested in coming.

If you would like to attend and haven't already contacted me, either here or on the Olympus Safari Group site please can you leave me a quick message at either site by Thursday night and I'll send you further details.

Regards

Simon
Old 20th February 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a highly belated note to thank Simon (The Saint) for organising another successful and highly enjoyable day out at Duxford. Even if it was perishingly cold... I believe the wind was coming straight from Siberia courtesy of ex-Comrade Putin!

It was good to see so many Olympus users - and to have a go with the E30 coutesy of Brian Mosley. If I can ever afford to upgrade, the choice just got harder. Really nice ergonomics.
Old 20th February 2009

Hugh

Pleased you enjoyed yourself, it wasn't that cold!

Brian kindly offered me his E-3 at the event to play with and I've got to admit it is very tempting with to get one with the current offers on. Not so sure on the E-30 at the moment unless the output, noise dynamic range, etc are a lot better.

Regards

Simon
Old 20th February 2009
alert_bri

Hi Simon,

I'll be bringing the E-30 to our Safari Group session with Olympus on Tuesday - you're welcome to have a good play with it then.

I really like the weight and the ergonomics of the E-30 - and prefer it for landscape shooting with the 7-14 due to the improved CDAF in live view and brighter screen.

Kind Regards

Brian
Old 20th February 2009
E-P1 fan

Did anyone get shots of the V1 and V2?
Old 23rd February 2009

I personally didn't I'm not sure about anyone else, as we all did our own thing once we were there.

Regards

Simon