Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus

Lens focus The place to talk about your camera's glassware.

Old 17th May 2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Metabones Speed Booster Lens Adapter

nofilmschool.com/2013/04/metabones-mft-speed-booster-lens-adapter-delayed/

I'm sure some of you have heard about this, but for those that haven't I think this is really worth taking note on. Its basically a tele-compressor but it does wonders from all the examples I've seen.

I can't wait for it to go on sale, would give us an extra stop of light, increased sharpness and less DOF. The Sony NEX one they currently have is about 400 I think, I assume this will be priced very similarly.

Anyone else looking forward to its release?
Old 18th May 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Liked 4,440 Times in 2,106 Posts
Re: Metabones Speed Booster Lens Adapter

It's out of my price range but it is certainly an interesting prospect and if it works as well as we hope it will provide a major boost to the system and please very many people.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 18th May 2013

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Metabones Speed Booster Lens Adapter

Its quite out of my price range too actually haha, I was hoping some other company would make some cheaper ones. Seeing as the design isn't actually that complex I would expect some Chinese copies to crop up at some point.

But yeah it would a great thing to have, putting a Noctilux on there would give us an equivalent aperture of f0.67. Would have been so much easier for Kubrick

Tags
adapter, booster, lens, metabones, speed