Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 8th May 2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up for Advanced Photographer

After reading good things about this mag in this forum, I decided to read a copy and bought the May issue at my local newsagent.

I really liked the issue, so much so that I rang Bright Publishing and bought all back issues since November 2010 when the mag was first published and subscribed (fairly cheap at 19.50 for six months).

For me, it's the right level. The articles are detailed and well explained (gripe I have with other mags that don't have enough depth). The balance between technique, kit reviews... is just right with a focus on the most important DSLR (E-5, EOS 5DII, D7000...) as well as accessories (best software for..., best ND filter, best flash attachment or diffuser, etc.

Try the mag, I think that most of you will like it.
Old 8th May 2011
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: Thumbs up for Advanced Photographer

I've had a trial subscription since I came across the first issue but decided not to renew it. I've great respect for the editor, but a lot of the tests are actually - and in fairness flagged as - advertorials, ie sponsored or written by the manufacturer. It's not bad, but not good enough or different enough for me to want every issue.

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 8th May 2011
JackBenedict

Re: Thumbs up for Advanced Photographer

Having bought it yesterday and read throughit,I can echo Stephen's sentiments exactly.