Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 1st May 2011

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts
Olympus E5 Epiphany

Yesterday I had a group of 4 clients out for an evening workshop.
We went along to Glenbrittle to allow coastal shots and some reasonable shots of the Cuillin Range.

Three of the group were complete and total novices who only owned compact or 'bridge' cameras. The fourth was a very experienced lady who was using a 1930's half plate camera. This lady was 84 years old and could teach most photographers a thing or two including me.
The novices were easily taught basic aperture and shutter theory. It's so much easier with digital because they can see the effects straight away.
I introduced them to long exposures using a tripod, the practice and theory of ND Grad filters and polarising filters. All went very well and after the sun had truly gone down we repaired to "The Old Inn" for a de-brief. Simon (real name)
a 40's something solicitor the asked some very pertinent questions about equipment.
Q1. Why do you use Olympus when the real professionals use Nikon or Canon ?
Ans. Because the quality of the images are just as good and achieved at the fraction of the price.
Q2 Do you think Canon and Nikon charge over the odds then because of their name?
Ans. Probably.
Q3. Could you demonstrate that image quality from your Olympus camera is as good as a Canon or Nikon.
Ans. Yes!
Q4. Would you be prepared to show us then?
Ans. Yes!
A wee while later after getting some A4 prints done from both Nikon and Olympus files back at the house the last question was....

Q5 Where can I buy an Olympus E5 while I'm up here on holiday?
Ans. Ffordes of Beauly, phone them Tuesday you'll have it Wednesday.

One up for Oly. I wonder if I can get commission on sales achieved through my reccomendations?
Old 1st May 2011

Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts
Re: Olympus E5 Epiphany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seonnaidh View Post
... I wonder if I can get commission on sales achieved through my reccomendations?
Send Ffordes the link ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seonnaidh View Post
Ans. Probably.
Look, you've answered your own question, I'm just here to rearrange the quotes.

(Dang, spelling recommendation is always hard to remember!)
Old 2nd May 2011

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Olympus E5 Epiphany

Well done for actually being able to demonstrate the E5s superior results . if only all camera buying decisions could be made so easily