Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds

Micro Four Thirds Discuss the newly announced Micro Four Thirds addition to the Four Thirds system family here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 29th June 2011
stevednp3's Avatar
stevednp3 stevednp3 is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,787
Thanks: 76
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Likes: 2
Liked 76 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Will I need a lens mount adaptor for E-3 to E-PL1 ?

[QUOTE=pandora;123925][CENTER]I no longer have any wedding shots online but here are some samples.
Shot on film in the USA in 2005 and badly scanned, this wedding was something of a highlight in my career.
I did it full time averaging 30 weddings a year. (Let's hope the mods don't shut this down as we have drifted OT just a tad, Steve!)

Smashing images thanks for sharing, no I cant see the mods minding, its your thread

I can only imagine how hard it was to photograph a wedding back in the film days, you only had one chance and things like film and developing was so expensive, take my hat off to you for doing 30 weddings a year for 12 years, thats quite a career.

I know where to come now for some tips

Right thanks for sharing, really appreciate it, I'll let your thread get back on track
__________________
E-M10 Mk2 - 14-42mm EZ - 40-150mm ED - Falcon 8mm Fisheye - FL-36R

Wedding Photography Wales | Commercial Photography | Party Photographer Cardiff | Cheap Business Cards | Photoshop Training Cardiff
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29th June 2011
pandora's Avatar
pandora pandora is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 16,186
Thanks: 863
Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,455 Posts
Likes: 1,934
Liked 4,175 Times in 1,894 Posts
Re: Will I need a lens mount adaptor for E-3 to E-PL1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creigb View Post
There is some blurb on the MMF2 here http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/21693_23455.htm. The previous olympus product was the MMF1 and Panasonic have the DMW-MA1.
There is a thread comparing the 3 here.
Thanks for that small but critical bit of info to start my climb up the curve.

I am happy with my present system but the new format has had me intrigued for some time.

Hopefully the B&H "Refurbished" condition of the E-PL1 is as good as described.
__________________
www.markgreenhill.com.au

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29th June 2011
Ross the fiddler's Avatar
Ross the fiddler Ross the fiddler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW Australia
Posts: 13,772
Thanks: 2,024
Thanked 1,300 Times in 1,015 Posts
Likes: 5,280
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,079 Posts
Re: Will I need a lens mount adaptor for E-3 to E-PL1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
Thanks for that small but critical bit of info to start my climb up the curve.

I am happy with my present system but the new format has had me intrigued for some time.

Hopefully the B&H "Refurbished" condition of the E-PL1 is as good as described.
Hope you have fun with the PEN as it gives some nice quality photos & with the adapter, it will give you that extra body too (& at higher ISOs than the E520). As I understand it, it takes a little more button pushing to get where you want to on that model but that is only a minor thing for most uses. I've thought about the MZD14-150 lens as a good 10.7 X zoom for general shooting, but it isn't so cheap. Then there's the MZD75-300 too, but even more expensive. Apart from the MZD14-42 kit lens, the MZD9-18 would be great for landscape shots. Sorry Mark, the wishing just doesn't stop.

Mark, I love your wedding photos & the surrounds in them.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a little, but this is just a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevednp3 View Post
Wow that is quite some trade Journey, but good to know a man who can put his hand to many things

Thanks very much
I believe opportunities here in Australia for doing something different are a little easier. The lady that taught violin making here is English & college trained but wouldn't tell her colleages back home she was teaching it here, but I'm glad she did.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29th June 2011
Zuiko's Avatar
Zuiko Zuiko is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dunmow, Essex
Posts: 22,000
Thanks: 1,977
Thanked 3,140 Times in 2,449 Posts
Likes: 3,362
Liked 4,437 Times in 2,104 Posts
Re: Will I need a lens mount adaptor for E-3 to E-PL1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
(Let's hope the mods don't shut this down as we have drifted OT just a tad, Steve!)
Haha - it's your thread, Mark, do what you want with it, so long as you keep it polite and legal!

Great wedding pics, BTW.
__________________
John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30th June 2011
pandora's Avatar
pandora pandora is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 16,186
Thanks: 863
Thanked 1,504 Times in 1,455 Posts
Likes: 1,934
Liked 4,175 Times in 1,894 Posts
Re: Will I need a lens mount adaptor for E-3 to E-PL1 ?

[quote=stevednp3;123945]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora View Post
[CENTER]I no longer have any wedding shots online but here are some samples.
Shot on film in the USA in 2005 and badly scanned, this wedding was something of a highlight in my career.
I did it full time averaging 30 weddings a year. (Let's hope the mods don't shut this down as we have drifted OT just a tad, Steve!)

Smashing images thanks for sharing, no I cant see the mods minding, its your thread

I can only imagine how hard it was to photograph a wedding back in the film days, you only had one chance and things like film and developing was so expensive, take my hat off to you for doing 30 weddings a year for 12 years, thats quite a career.

I know where to come now for some tips

Right thanks for sharing, really appreciate it, I'll let your thread get back on track
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Hope you have fun with the PEN as it gives some nice quality photos & with the adapter, it will give you that extra body too (& at higher ISOs than the E520). As I understand it, it takes a little more button pushing to get where you want to on that model but that is only a minor thing for most uses. I've thought about the MZD14-150 lens as a good 10.7 X zoom for general shooting, but it isn't so cheap. Then there's the MZD75-300 too, but even more expensive. Apart from the MZD14-42 kit lens, the MZD9-18 would be great for landscape shots. Sorry Mark, the wishing just doesn't stop.

Mark, I love your wedding photos & the surrounds in them.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a little, but this is just a bit more.


I believe opportunities here in Australia for doing something different are a little easier. The lady that taught violin making here is English & college trained but wouldn't tell her colleages back home she was teaching it here, but I'm glad she did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Haha - it's your thread, Mark, do what you want with it, so long as you keep it polite and legal!

Great wedding pics, BTW.
Thanks Steve, Ross and John - I have posted a detailed presentation of this US wedding in the Lounge titled, Beth and Troy of Illinois
__________________
www.markgreenhill.com.au

* mark * Wangaratta, Victoria, Australia **
The OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3
On post-processing: The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Sigma 600mm F8 OM mount mirror lens CaptainD For sale or wanted small ads 4 24th June 2011 10:06 PM
WANTED 43 to Micro 43 adaptor & Macro Lens chrism_scotland For sale or wanted small ads 3 13th June 2011 02:28 PM
Tamron Adaptall 2 Lens to Olympus OM 4/3 Lens Mount Adapter? BigBCC Accessory talk 7 13th July 2010 08:57 PM
E1 lens mount, what can it take? scanny Olympus E-1 2 27th March 2008 07:37 AM
E-410 Lens/Mount Query John R Olympus E-410 5 20th November 2007 09:52 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger