Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Events

Events Find out about and discuss events relating to the Olympus E-System.

Old 30th April 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 29 Times in 18 Posts
Suggestion: Anyone fancy a Pembrokshire Islands Charter Photo opportunity...?

OK, early days yet, but this is something I have been considering for some time now. I made initial enquiries last year and was only thinking I should do this for a nice day out with the family, but I have considered that it might be a good idea to suggest it here too and include members here and on FTU.

Given the increasing number of bird and nature shots we have seen on here and over on FTU recently, would anyone be interested in my chartering a Cruise Boat for a day, based out of the Milford Haven or Tenby areas - then touring the Pembrokshire coastline for the day in true comfort and luxury. There is the opportunity to visit the islands of Skomer, Skokholm, Grassholm or Ramsey which together present some astonishing opportunities to capture some impressive bird shots.

It wouldn't be a cheap day, as day charters are around the £400 mark and con accommodate only up to 7 people, but it would be a unique opportunity for a brilliant day out. There is also the possibility of a half-day charter at £250, with perhaps the remainder of the day being spent in one of the gorgeous south Pembrokshire coastal towns - Tenby, Saundersfoot, St Davids, Solva etc. Yes, I appreciate this is a long way for may to go, hence the post on here way before I investigate availability etc. However, I am more than willing to arrange such a day as long as we have enough people interested.

Please let me have your thoughts as to this suggestion. I may be off to Skomer Island during the next few days on a solitary day trip, not 100% sure about this yet, but I have been there before and I can assure you that it is a birdwatchers paradise, as well as providing photo opportunities of old farm buildings, landscapes and seascapes. If I go, I'll obviously post some pics for you as a taster to see the sort of opportunities we could have.

I will make a post on FTU about this too, but link that post to here, as this is my main hangout...

So... watcha think...?

Old 30th April 2008
Codger

Liked 96 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Suggestion: Anyone fancy a Pembrokshire Islands Charter Photo opportunity...?

I think it sounds very interesting...

Put me down as a definite possible!

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright