Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 24th November 2007

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Not a great E-3 photo

But taken about an hour and a half after I got mine (had a battery already warmed up in anticipation).

exif data on image.

I couldn't remember which masonic lodges handshake I needed to apply to get it focussing on a single point central point, so the focus on this is a bit further back on the body than I would have liked.

Shot was taken RAW, of the 100 or so images I fired off this was one of the few where the original white balance was off (tending towards the brown), corrected in Master.

Impressions

- easy to use
- viewfinder - wow - are you old enough to remember when attenborough and the bbc wildlife unit got into their stride - and you suddenly saw what gorillas really looked like. I regret that I'll get used to it, but I'm keeping the e-500 as a reminder.

- I was shooting in the afternoon (14:30 - 15:30) in a well wooded park (Swindon Old Town Gardens) in what was originally a quarry. Auto focus was fast (albeit not always picking up the right target - but I hadn't set it right)

- colour rendition - I shot a number of small flowering plants and was impressed with the colours (less so with composition - so I won't post, there are enough bad E-3 images already on the web from states gearheads)

- used lenses 11-22, 50-200, both felt more lively (maybe subjective), I think due to the better focussing algorithm.

Anyway back to the first point - you curl your little finger of your right hand back towards your palm to find the front wheel whilst the first finger of your left hand is twisted back to find the third button in a row on top of the camera. I'm sure I'll soon remember that.

Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greed.jpg (59.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 24th November 2007

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Not a great E-3 photo

whoops - no sorry, that's the metering lodge I've just joined.

Takes a long time to learn new things when you are old enough to remember the first time he cuddled upto gorillas.

Nick
Old 24th November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,177 Posts
Liked 1,445 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
whoops - no sorry, that's the metering lodge I've just joined.

Takes a long time to learn new things when you are old enough to remember the first time he cuddled upto gorillas.

Nick
Morning Nick - is there anything specific you are stuck on - be glad to help

Tha pigeon looks like a right acrobat!

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 25th November 2007

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Well actually he fell out of the tree about 15 seconds later.

It is only my imagination that says he looked quite embarassed as he found his way to the other side of the park.

As to mastering the E3, well I've spent several hours practising various masonic handshakes and as a result can now happily break the speed limit throughout the west country; and in parts of Wales, I'm told, I'm also eligible to sleep with the Chief Constables first born daughter. In addition I've more pictures of my big toe than any man could reasonably require. So I think I'm getting there.

Thanks

Nick
Old 25th November 2007
PeterD

Quote:

It is only my imagination that says he looked quite embarassed as he found his way to the other side of the park.

As to mastering the E3, well I've spent several hours practising various masonic handshakes and as a result can now happily break the speed limit throughout the west country; and in parts of Wales, I'm told, I'm also eligible to sleep with the Chief Constables first born daughter. In addition I've more pictures of my big toe than any man could reasonably require. So I think I'm getting there.

Thanks

Nick
Nick, I was about to ask if you would share some more images with us but reading your last para I am no too sure LOL
Old 25th November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,177 Posts
Liked 1,445 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:

Thanks

Nick
Haha! - be careful, I know for a fact that one of our number here is a policeman

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 25th November 2007
beardedwombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Haha! - be careful, I know for a fact that one of our number here is a policeman

Ian
He must be the one with the most arresting images in his gallery!