Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II The first OM-D's successor.

Old 23rd March 2015

Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Lightroom support for 5ii

Anyone know if the em5ii will get support in LR5? I know it will in 6 but I'm reluctant to go with 6 for now because it means upgrading my Mac OS and I've had reports from a few friends of issues with PS CS6 not running when the os is upgraded forcing and upgrade path to Adobe CC cloud. Already bought PS and LR so really don't want to have a subscription.
Old 23rd March 2015

Re: Lightroom support for 5ii

Another minor but annoying issue is Finder in Mac osx doesn't show thumbnails of orf files, anyone know why?
Old 23rd March 2015

Liked 325 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philn67 View Post
Another minor but annoying issue is Finder in Mac osx doesn't show thumbnails of orf files, anyone know why?
It's because apple haven't updated the RAW compatibility yet. Apple are notoriously slow for this, I had to wait quite a while for the EM10 ORF to become compatible
Old 23rd March 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerkler View Post
It's because apple haven't updated the RAW compatibility yet. Apple are notoriously slow for this, I had to wait quite a while for the EM10 ORF to become compatible
What version of Osx are you on? I'm on 10.7.5 and em10 orf files have no thumb images.
Old 23rd March 2015

Quote:
What version of Osx are you on? I'm on 10.7.5 and em10 orf files have no thumb images.
On Yosemite now, but was compatible with Mountain Lion. Can you not open the image either, or is it just that you can't see a thumbnail pic?
Old 23rd March 2015

Quote:
On Yosemite now, but was compatible with Mountain Lion. Can you not open the image either, or is it just that you can't see a thumbnail pic?
I can open them fine it's just no thumbnail image, it's no major issue but would be nice to sort it. The biggest issue is waiting for news on LR I really don't want to have to go to LR 6 because it means I have to use Yosemite and PsCS6 isn't compatible I've been told.
Old 23rd March 2015

Quote:
I can open them fine it's just no thumbnail image, it's no major issue but would be nice to sort it. The biggest issue is waiting for news on LR I really don't want to have to go to LR 6 because it means I have to use Yosemite and PsCS6 isn't compatible I've been told.
Hmmm strange, can't figure out why the thumbnails aren't showing if you can open them, unless you're using something other than preview to open the images

I assume at the mo that you can't open EM5-II orf files on preview though as I can't on mine?

I can't say for sure, but I would imagine LR5 will be compatible with the next camera RAW update, but you never know. Fortunately I subscribe to Adobe CC which includes LR so if I do need LR6 I can download from there. Don't know what I'll do if the subscription goes back up to full price though, no way I'm willing to pay 35/month or whatever it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to snerkler For This Useful Post:
Philn67 (23rd March 2015)
Old 23rd March 2015

I haven't got the 5ii as yet, ready to push that buy button but waiting because I have a nice workflow using LR and PS6 which I don't want to disrupt. Must admit my finger is getting very very impatient though.
Old 23rd March 2015

Quote:
I haven't got the 5ii as yet, ready to push that buy button but waiting because I have a nice workflow using LR and PS6 which I don't want to disrupt. Must admit my finger is getting very very impatient though.
What software do you use to open the EM10 files with? Still trying to figure out why you can't see thumbnails.
Old 23rd March 2015
Senior

Liked 148 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
According to Digital Arts magazine and a few others, CS6 will work with Yosemite.
You just need to download the latest Java software from the Apple site.

My Zenfolio Site
My Portfolio Site

Olympus: E-M1 Mk11 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaw For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm on the latest Mac OS (10.10) and my stand alone version of PS CS6 works just fine on my MBP (updated from Yosemite) and the latest Camera RAW8.8 allows full EM5 II integration for RAW files.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sootchucker For This Useful Post:
Old 24th March 2015

Quote:
What software do you use to open the EM10 files with? Still trying to figure out why you can't see thumbnails.
I'm using LR5 and the orf files import just fine with the lens corrections etc already baked in so no messing. It's just outside of lightroom the orf files are just the generic image, no thumb so I have to Shiit raw+JPEG to get a preview which takes up memory card space or sort them one imported to LR. It's prob because I'm still on OS X 10.7 and haven't updated. Just ordered the 5ii so no doubt I will have to update my system for LR6 but as others have said PS will run ok. Maybe others didn't know Java has to be updated too. Sure it will all work out. I was going to wait but I convinced myself it will give me time to customise the body before I have to mess with my mac. Just been to Mexico so I have plenty of processing to keep me busy the next week or two!
Old 24th March 2015

Quote:
I'm using LR5 and the orf files import just fine with the lens corrections etc already baked in so no messing. It's just outside of lightroom the orf files are just the generic image, no thumb so I have to Shiit raw+JPEG to get a preview which takes up memory card space or sort them one imported to LR. It's prob because I'm still on OS X 10.7 and haven't updated. Just ordered the 5ii so no doubt I will have to update my system for LR6 but as others have said PS will run ok. Maybe others didn't know Java has to be updated too. Sure it will all work out. I was going to wait but I convinced myself it will give me time to customise the body before I have to mess with my mac. Just been to Mexico so I have plenty of processing to keep me busy the next week or two!
Ahh right, yes that's because you haven't updated preview/iphoto. You won't be able to view your orf files using preview either then.