Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds

Micro Four Thirds Discuss the newly announced Micro Four Thirds addition to the Four Thirds system family here.

Old 23rd May 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Four thirds sell of!

Is there normaly this amount of kit being sold off? or does somebody know something i don't like a new model?

reg

David
Old 23rd May 2010
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Four thirds sell of!

There does seem to be a lot of kit for sale/sold.....I am slightly guilty of this.

I upgraded my kit, so I sold the unused items. Other forum members have done the same thing. In fact several of my lenses came from forum members.

That said I have seen a lot of new members join and then sell their equipment and leave.....this is a bit strange and annoying. There is eBay for that kind of activity.

Regarding other users knowing something....I doubt it. There are several other sites that post rumours, some of which I read, but most members on this forum are interested in what they have, or would like, and try to get feedback and improve.
Old 23rd May 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have just had my E3 & 50-200 a few weeks but have had oly kit for 30 years hence the 16mm i am considering selling to pay for a 12-60 lens. I still have my om2n, E510 and various other kit.

reg

David
Old 23rd May 2010

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Hi,

I am selling some of my gear as we have a new baby on the way, plus having a 2 year old as well means I've not done as much photography as i'd like; apart from the family stuff of course. I sold my 90-250 and E30, plus I have some odd stuff up for sale which does not come up that often.

The kit I am selling I had not used or didn't require or just would not get the use out of it. I am sticking with Olympus and hope they do produce a replacement for he E3.

I feel that some people have had some good deals on the E30/E620 and some have moved to MFT. Those selling their E3's are probably hoping for the E3 replacement soon.

Regards

Paul
Old 1st July 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPJ View Post
Hi,

I feel that some people have had some good deals on the E30/E620 and some have moved to MFT. Those selling their E3's are probably hoping for the E3 replacement soon.

Regards

Paul
I'm moving to Panasonic m4/3, hence selling E3 plus lenses.