Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 13th November 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Illemasqua make-up session for Heather.

Well, I felt she deserved to be spoilt for a few hours, so yesterday evening after her rugby training was canceled I took Heather to the Illemasqua make-up stand in Debenhams after booking her in for a 1 hour 'Transformation' make-over.

She loved it, simple as that. The guy who did her make-over was smashing.

Anyway - please take into account when you look at these shots that she is plastered with make-up, and there's no (zero) photoshopping or skin smoothing going on. All I did in post processing was to lift the colours with saturation, and adjust for my poor wb setting.

I did have to correct exposure and brightness as well, as there was very little room in my house for the 42" umbrella when the black backdrop cloth was hung over the living room door! All post processing (100%) done in Lightroom 3.2

#1 - the eyes say it all...!!

#2 - Slightly 'warmed up' white balance for this second one

Old 13th November 2010

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts
Re: Illemasqua make-up session for Heather.

Great pics John and I love heathers make up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paul_silk/
Old 13th November 2010

Liked 172 Times in 119 Posts

Very cool.
Almost cyborgish. (I was going to say Androidish but then that would've sounded like androgynous, which isn't right at all...)
I'm glad you posted eyes closed then open, such a striking effect.
That honeycomb idea is cool too.

She going to rugby like that then? Scare the opposition!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulfric M Douglas For This Useful Post:
theMusicMan (13th November 2010)
Old 13th November 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just goes to show that many of the best photos are a combination of great photographer AND a great make-up artist. Wonderful lighting John to complement the make-up.

Heather must be extremely pleased with these.

Olympus E-30 | Falcon 8mm fisheye | 8mm fisheye | 12-60mm | 25mm f/2.8 pancake | 40-150mm | 50-200mm | 70-300mm | Tamron 135mm f/2.5 | EX-25 | FL-36R | YN460 & YN460-II | B&W ND110 | Lightroom 2.7 | Photoshop CS3
flickr - Photo52 2011
My Photo52 2011 Thread on TP
The Following User Says Thank You to David Gethin For This Useful Post:
theMusicMan (13th November 2010)
Old 13th November 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyPaul View Post
Great pics John and I love heathers make up.
Thanks Paul. A very camp but totally smashing chap named Felix did the make-over for Heather. He works at the Illemasqua section in Debenhams, Cardiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfric M Douglas View Post
Very cool.
Almost cyborgish. (I was going to say Androidish but then that would've sounded like androgynous, which isn't right at all...)
I'm glad you posted eyes closed then open, such a striking effect.
That honeycomb idea is cool too.

She going to rugby like that then? Scare the opposition!
Haha, now that would be a great idea! I loved the way they did Heathers eyes, just lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gethin View Post
Just goes to show that many of the best photos are a combination of great photographer AND a great make-up artist. Wonderful lighting John to complement the make-up.

Heather must be extremely pleased with these.
Thanks David, you are right... if everything that is correctly thought out prior to taking shot, well considered and effective then a decent shot is more likely.

The lighting for this was hastily prepared though, and I consider myself fortunate to have managed to get these results. In fact you can see both the catch lights in Heathers eyes.

FL-50 off camera, just to my left, with 42" shoot-through brolly, about 1/4 power. YN460-II above and right from Heather - which was intended for hair-light but I managed (unintentionally) to get it in at an angle for it to be seen in her eye.

Thanks though everyone for the comments.