Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 15th June 2010

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
HLD4 Hair Trigger

Good afternoon all. Recently upgraded to an E3 a couple of months ago and loving it {although i wont part with my E1 as i am considering digiscoping with it later,anyone else tried this?} Spotted a grip on Amazon mint boxed second hand so bought it, arrived this morning. My question is when testing it out it only the lightest touch on the button fires the shutter resulting in a lot of wasted exposures, is this something i have got to live with and allow for or will it come right with more practice, has anyone else experienced this problem, your views would be much appreciated, regards to all, Ian W. PS I have played with it since i posted this and find that adding the grip to the body also affects both shutter buttons precluding pre focusing, perhaps a call to Luton Camera Repairs might shed some light on the problem, your thoughts still welcome.

Last edited by IPWheatley; 15th June 2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 15th June 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HLD4 Hair Trigger

I have not had or heard of this problem
Old 15th June 2010

Liked 53 Times in 42 Posts

2+2 is always a dangerous basis for conclusions but there are certainly indications that you have pins and/or contacts that are shorting across. Could be either the grip or the body - and well worth a cross check if you have either available in a camera store or local colleague.
Old 16th June 2010

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts

Jus a quick update on this problem, contacted seller who accepted there was a fault on the grip. The result was he made a full refund inc. postage and told me to keep the grip so i have a free grip which will cost me approx 40 to put right. Good result or what, regards to all, Ian W.
Old 16th June 2010
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts

Sure is a good result there. Hope you get it resolved and the grip soon works as it should.