Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 28th August 2008

Liked 48 Times in 11 Posts
E3 & 11-22

A bit bland but there was a gap in the cloud for about 2 mins so I took this.
Part way up Great Gable in the English lake district.

comments welcome

Steve
Old 29th August 2008

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: E3 & 11-22

Very impressive - I've no doubt you've captured the atmosphere of the scene spot on.

Perhaps the combination of shapes in the ground and the very low cloud line slightly 'muddle' the image. Not much you can do about that though.

Except maybe play with HDR and tone curves/mapping. There was a lot of 19'th century art that captured scenes like this with simplified colours.

Great shot - and I'm sure you enjoyed the climb to get it.

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Old 29th August 2008
The Judge

You say this is bland? I think many of the photographers here would like to have a collection of bland shots like this. Do not sell yourself short so quickly!

I find it atmospheric and quite uplifting. The clouds give us some dramatic movement whilst the colours in those clouds almost display a battle between good and bad weather. The light is rather nice as well, bottom right upwards diagonal is matched nicely at the top left as is the diagonal the other way. Interested to know what metering setting you used? The foreground has a pleasing interest as well that puts the viewer right there and the composition balances left to right in a very easy experience on the eye.

I would make one change. I would suggest you remove the people and make this a pure landscape shot.

Overall though a winner and a lovely picture. No need for the jury to retire. Well done Mr Roughley.
Old 29th August 2008

Liked 1,566 Times in 1,002 Posts

A great shot!

Pity that the dappled sunshine in the left middle ground wasn't in the centre - but there wasn't much you could have done about that.

Jim