Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Telephoto

Telephoto Lenses with focal lengths longer than 60mm.

Old 14th January 2011
davidsa

Orestor 135 mm f:2.8 lens

Clearing out today I have come across this lens (which belonged to my father who had a Pentax Spotmatic way back when).

It is not automated at all and, curiously to modern eyes, has a clickless aperture ring will stop all the way down to f:32. The diaphram appears to have lots of blades.

It has a screw mount, (M42 or Exacta?) - I don't know if it needed an adaptor to fit onto the Spotmantic.

Looking around on the net it seems to be quite highly thought of. Has anyone used a lens like this, and might there exist an adaptor to 4/3rds ?

Thanks
Old 15th January 2011

Liked 1,554 Times in 996 Posts
Re: Orestor 135 mm f:2.8 lens

Exacta was a bayonet fitting.

IIRC the Meyer lenses weren't very highly regarded.

Jim
Old 15th January 2011
Xpres

It seems yours has the M42 mount so will fit your 4/3 with an adapter.

You may well have seen this thread in your research... and many others.
Old 19th January 2011
davidsa

Thanks for the comments.

On reflection I don't think I'll spend a lot of time or money chasing a 4/3 rds adapter for this lens as it probably won't do anything my 70-300 or legacy OM 200 mm can't. A candidate for ebay when I get round to it. Unless someone here would like it.