Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 22nd November 2007
Paulpp

Master/Viewer Software with an iMac

Have had problems using the firmware update, and now notice that both the above are only compatiable up to Mac OSX 10.3. I use 10.4 and now 10.5 is out. Have others had the same problem? Only seems to affect firmware updates and not image transfer
Old 22nd November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Master/Viewer Software with an iMac

Yes, I'm running 10.5.1 and the firmware update feature is broken - says something about admin rights. It was the same on 10.4 as well I seem to remember. Fortunately, I've got a windows pc as well!
Old 22nd November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,220 Posts
Liked 1,627 Times in 723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_VN52 View Post
Yes, I'm running 10.5.1 and the firmware update feature is broken - says something about admin rights. It was the same on 10.4 as well I seem to remember. Fortunately, I've got a windows pc as well!
I'll enquire with Olympus to see if there is a work around...

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 22nd November 2007
Paulpp

Interesting. Have just installed the trial version of Olympus Studio, and it all works, although for the E3 has to be in storage mode and for the E1 in control mode. Might be worth pestering Olympus -perhaps Ian knows someone there?
Old 22nd November 2007
Paulpp

Latest position is that Studio works ok (but will cost 99 after the trial period).
Olympus confirm that Viewer will not work with an intel based Mac (as far as Firmware upgrades are concerned?)
Regarding Master, Olympus say that there is a new version v2.05, which has to be a new download and install (i.e. it won't upgrade from an earlier version), but the link they gave me only directs to v2.0, which only upgrades to v2.04. I can't find any later version on their web-site and so have raised another query.
Old 22nd November 2007
Paulpp

and now the answer.
On the Olympus download page for Master you should find four drop down menus on the top right.
These need to be changed to refer to v2.05 and Mac which will then give you an option to download it.
Works for me although I have not tried Firmware update with it as yet.