Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen Mini E-PM1

Olympus Pen Mini E-PM1 The third of Olympus' third-generation Micro Four Thirds Pens and the smallest and lightest yet!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th August 2014

Liked 81 Times in 32 Posts
Video lock up on E-PM1

Hoping someone might be able to help as a last ditch effort before I return this thing...

Last week I picked up a second hand E-PM1 on eBay to use as a second body to m E-M1. When it arrived I started testing it and found all to be in working order except for one thing...video mode locked up pretty much as soon as I pressed record. You can see movement in the screen for maybe a second, but then the picture freezes and the memory card symbol flashes and that's it...the only way to break it out of the lock is to remove the battery.

At first I thought it was the SD card - i'd used the one from my E-M1 which is a cheapish brand class 10, but when I got it home I tried it with a Sandisk Extreme (again class 10) and a Toshiba one (Class 6)...all resulting in the same lockup.

I checked the firmware and it was still on 1.0 so I updated it to the latest version thinking that might solve it, but alas not.

Also tried full reset (from the menu - is there a full(er) reset!?) and still nothing.

I spoke to Olympus Tech Support today who ran through all the options i'd already tried and then said to send it in for inspection. The seller who I bought it from has offered a full refund so I'm thinking i'll just return it, but I thought i'd have one last try and post on here to see if anyone has any bright ideas before I send it off...it's a perfect second body so I'm reluctant to part with it...especially since the prices of them seems to have shot up in the past week for some strange reason!

Any suggestions?!

Alan