Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > Flash

Flash FL-related discussions can be found here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th May 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ebay product photography

After a year or more of messing about with this it's time I made my life simpler. I think a small home studio set-up would make it much easier to get consistent results. I will be using a Panasonic G1 mounted on a tripod in a spare bedroom, The first stage was getting an eye-fi card at Christmas to make it easier to transfer the images to the pc. Instead of the onboard flash I mostly use daylight from a window with a white sheet to bounce light back onto the subject. It works after a fashion, but is a pain checking white balance and dealing with the variable light quality.

After spending much too much time trying to fathom the ins and out of the subject I now trying to work out what is the best way to simply and quickly produce more consistent results. To start with a couple of lights sources would seem to be all I would need and maybe a couple of stands. However Iím having difficulty deciding what type to get flash, continuous or studio flash. I suspect the cheapest solution (ignoring 2nd hand manual flash) would be a couple of manual flashes eg 2 Yongnua 460/560II (apart from an ebay specials) and would probably manage the majority of items.

Thanks

Any pointers or your experience would be helpful.