Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Old 24th April 2011

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts
New Bag Needed

The time has come to seriously consider replacing my camera bag.
At the moment I am using a Lowepro Trekker. Great bag but you can't get to it
so easily on the move.
In the loft I have a knackered Domke F2 (which I love) I also have a Tamrac Expedition 8 (which I can't get on with) and a Tamrac Adventurer 7 which is way too small.
What I require in a camera bag in an ideal world would be the ability to take 2 E5's a 12-60mm , 50-200mm and 8mm fisheye. It would be nice if the bag could store one E5 body with either the 12-60mm or 8mm fitted.
The ability to store a flashgun, memory cards, Lee filters (8) a MacBook Pro (15") and the usual bits and bobs.
If it helps I like Billingham bags but find them too restrictive even with the tuck top in operation.
I have a Kata laptop bag which is a complete pain in the rear end due to the stiffness of the zips.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 24th April 2011
gwpics

Re: New Bag Needed

Look at the Think Tank range. Since they have been introduced over here they are all I would now consider. One of the nice features is that if you buy a should bag you can later by the harness very cheaply to make it in into a rucksack. There build quality is absolutely superb as well.

Gerry
Old 24th April 2011

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts

Thanks for that I'll take a wee peek right now.
Old 24th April 2011
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,125 Times in 923 Posts
Liked 750 Times in 497 Posts

I've got a Kata 3-in-1/30 - the largest in the range. Very well made, and should take what you require, except perhaps the Macbook. But then, it might. Send it down here and I'll try it!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, Olympus E-1 + Olympus and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Old 24th April 2011

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Think tank bag review on 4/3 photo

http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/sho...1&goto=newpost
Old 24th April 2011

Liked 1,294 Times in 792 Posts

How about a Tenba Messenger bag?

http://www.tenba.com/products/Messen...aptop-Bag.aspx

Or a Shootout;

http://www.tenba.com/products/Shooto...ulder-Bag.aspx

Tenba no longer make their Pro-Pak bags, the best shoulder bags I've ever found/used. My oldest Pro-Pak is from the early '81 and is still going strong after 30 years.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.
Old 22nd April 2012
breney

Will that tamrac hold a 15 inch laptop?
Old 23rd April 2012
Topsyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seonnaidh View Post
The time has come to seriously consider replacing my camera bag.
At the moment I am using a Lowepro Trekker. Great bag but you can't get to it
so easily on the move.
In the loft I have a knackered Domke F2 (which I love) I also have a Tamrac Expedition 8 (which I can't get on with) and a Tamrac Adventurer 7 which is way too small.
What I require in a camera bag in an ideal world would be the ability to take 2 E5's a 12-60mm , 50-200mm and 8mm fisheye. It would be nice if the bag could store one E5 body with either the 12-60mm or 8mm fitted.
The ability to store a flashgun, memory cards, Lee filters (8) a MacBook Pro (15") and the usual bits and bobs.
If it helps I like Billingham bags but find them too restrictive even with the tuck top in operation.
I have a Kata laptop bag which is a complete pain in the rear end due to the stiffness of the zips.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I've had any number of bags over the years but I now have gone back to my 20 year old Domke F2 for my (dare I say this) Nikon kit (D3 & D2x plus same lenses range as the Oly stuff and the binos) but for my travelling kit (fits in a motorcycle tank bag) I have a Domke F5 which carries 2 x E410 bodies, 9-18, 14-42, 40-150 and 70-300 plus a good set of binos and sundry trappings, filters etc without any fatigue. I can also fit if needed into same bag in tank bag my netbook and canles etc. Look out your old Domke they are brilliant or look at an F5. The beauty of these bags is they are customisable and easy on the shoulder.