Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Week Ago

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Geotagging photos

It would be useful to geotag my photos, especially when I'm only carrying my smart phone. If I subsequently decide the 'phone photo has merit it would be useful to be able to plan a later photo shoot after consulting weather forecasts, sun positioning data etc and to be able to return to the exact spot from where the 'phone photo was taken, particularly when I have been exploring in a previously unknown area.
My 'phone doesn't have GPS and the best I can do at present is to use the signal triangulation location service. However if this also records my track it quickly consumes the 'phone battery, so I'm looking for a self-contained compact GPS logger that can be used to record my track as well as geotag my photos accurately. I've looked at the Canmore GT-730FL-S GPS data logger but have read varying reviews. Does anyone here have experience of this GPS logger or can recommend an alternative?