Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 10th November 2009
dave620

Re: Virtually brand new Olympus gear for sale

PM Sent- Dave
Old 11th November 2009

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

[QUOTE=JackBenedict;56927]What I said was that sellers should not come on the site sellling their goods as if it is a bidding auction,which let's face it, this is what the seller had in mind.
QUOTE]

How do you know that for a fact? He was advised to sell his goods on here by a senior member so he put them up. He didn't know the rules. How do you know that he wouldn't have accepted the first reasonable offer he received i.e, not an auction at all?

I'm afraid I'm with Ellie on this one. I'm a relatively new member on here but I was amazed at the vitriol poured on this guy (who said he was still going to be using Olympus kit so may well have stayed - a point missed by those of you said he'd probably move on to canikon) just because he "broke the rules". Doubt he'll be back now - but he might have been had someone just explained what he'd done wrong politely.

And exactly what is the harm if a newbie comes online to sell something a member really wants, a deal is done, the member is happy and the newbie disappears? If you don't want to deal then don't. As Ellie said - who got hurt?
Old 11th November 2009
JackBenedict

[quote=meach;57116]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBenedict View Post
I'm a relatively new member on here but I was amazed at the vitriol poured on this guy
You seem to have confused 'vitriol' ( your word,not mine ) for what is my and other members view(s) on a topic. Are you saying that we shouldn't speak out and express our views,at the risk of upsetting the status quo - now you in danger of setting a dangerous precedent !

As I have previously stated here it is not in my nature to do witch hunts.

Hopefully we can now lay this to rest,the message to potential future sellers having been recognised and get on with discussing the more interesting daily topics that occur on this friendly forum - and of which I am proud to be a member.
Old 11th November 2009

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts

WELL.....this has been an interesting thread.........!!

As usual I manage to see some good in ALL the views expressed....I just wish he HAD given us some guidelines for all the seperate items as I may have been interested in the E3 body....and the terms of cash with personal pick up would have been great....can't stand having to wait for things to be delivered ...and enjoy a trip out to new places.

keith

Tags
12-60, 40-50, e-3, extender