Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 8th September 2008
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Potential e-group Studio/Location session, with model - interested...?

Hi All

Studio model session - looking for those interested to let me know please.

I have mentioned this - albeit briefly - a few times in previous posts, and having recently seen Grahams excellent pics, thought I should make some enquiries to gauge if we have enough interest here on e-group (and FTU) for me to arrange and run our own e-group studio/location model session.

So, I am now looking for anyone who may be interested in attending such a session sometime later this year perhaps, with a model, and in a studio. I have a model in mind, and having discussed this with her we feel there should be a maximum of 10 people for around a 4 hour session. I need to ascertain costs for studio hire before I can come up with what will be the final price, but I'd guess that the costs for this would be somewhere around the £40-£50 mark. I would also make sure we had enough to cover refreshments/sandwiches and drinks for the session too.

There are other things I need to determine, such as location, type of shot, clothing et al, but if you would be interested in attending such a session, please do let me know by replying here in this thread. In a week or so time, we'll then have a better idea if this is viable or not, and I can make further enquiries.

Also - if anyone knows of a suitable studio location, perhaps also with opportunities for some on-location shots outside of a studio (which might also help keep the costs lower) then please do let me know. Personally, I feel this is a superb opportunity to try out a génre of photography that I (and perhaps many others) have yet to try, and I would love for this to materialse.

Jenny, the lovely model I have spoken to (and is the lady Graham has posted excellent images of recently), was absolutely wonderful when I spoke to her on the telephone, she put me right at ease when I was shy at askign some embarrassing questions about what we could photograph etc, and is more than happy to work with photographers with any level of experience. Jenny mentioned that she will pose for any image up to Fine Art Nude (see Grahams shots for examples), she also has a wedding dress, does her own make-up, and can bring along many changes of clothes for the session. So, there's an opportunity for us to take shots covering many outfits and across several styles - Jenny said she is a real 'girlie girl' and loves the change of clothes and donning make-up etc and in my opinion would be an excellent choice of model for us to work with.

So I feel this is an excellent opportunity, we just need to get the interest and I shall make it happen. I am guessing location would probably be M4 corridoor, London to Bristol - depending on who's interested, and if there's a studio available at decent price.

Please shout in here if you're interested. If this is a go-go and we have a lot of interest... then when the time comes it will be a case of first come first served.

Thanks
J

Old 8th September 2008
Vokesie

Re: Potential e-group Studio/Location session, with model - interested...?

Yes I would be intrested
Old 8th September 2008

Liked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Yes , great minds think alike. I PM'd Graham last night with just such a suggestion. You are clearly well ahead of the game and already have contacts so I would be very interested, of course depending on location and date.
Thanks
Shirley
Old 8th September 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interested, dependent on location and date, of course.

Particularly keen to experiment with simple studio flash...
Old 8th September 2008

Thanks Dave, Shirley and Hugh... great to see you're interested.

Hugh - I am sure any studio we hire would also include the use of the equipment, but I have some pretty decent Elinchrom Studio D-Lites that I could bring along if not.

Old 9th September 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,003 Times in 2,337 Posts
Liked 4,142 Times in 1,938 Posts

Hi John,

I certainly am interested, subject to conformation of date. M4 corridor shouldn't be a problem - hopefully we can team up with others in our respective areas to share transport costs.

Great idea John, it deserves to get loads of support!

Cheers,

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 9th September 2008
Administrator

Hi John,

Been doing a little googling and came up with this:-

http://www.pauls-studio.co.uk/index.htm

Situated close to J12 of M4 at Reading.

Any help?

John

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 10th September 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Hi John,

Been doing a little googling and came up with this:-

http://www.pauls-studio.co.uk/index.htm

Situated close to J12 of M4 at Reading.

Any help?

John
Thanks John - I shall make some enquiries...

Old 10th September 2008

Liked 583 Times in 259 Posts

Hi John

I would be interested depending on location and date.

Amanda
Old 11th September 2008
Administrator

I'm suprised this thread isn't generating more interest. I'm sure it would be buzzing by now if it were discussing the merits of more megapixels!

But this is a real opportunity to tangibly improve our photography - maybe we are mostly virtual photographers?

John