Thread: E-P2 or E-PL1?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: E-P2 or E-PL1?

Thanks Nick and Karel,

I think it is good to consider the EP2 because of the VF, and the thumbwheels. I always carry around a Sony DSC-H10, a great compact, but without a VF, no possibilities for shooting in RAW and no thumbwheels (very annoying sometimes - too slow). You don't think the absence of a flash will be a problem? Sometimes a little bit of extra light is necessary. In that case the EP-1 is a better option, because I do not want to take an extra flash with me all the time.

As far as the costs are concerned.... typically Dutch indeed, Karel. In this way we will never loose the image , but you are right, a bit of a discount (+ the free adapter) is not bad at all.

By the way, Karel, I just received an e-mail from Foto Konijnenberg. They have a demo day for the Pen-cameras soon (10th June - Den Haag, 11th June - Den Ham). Check their site for more info. I do not live near Den Ham or Den Haag, so for me it will be no option to go there, but perhaps for you it might be.

E30 / E-PL1 /14-42 mm 1:3,5-5,6 / 40-150 mm 1:4,0-5,6 / 12-60 mm SWD / 70-300 mm /FL-50R / mFT 14-42 mm