View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018
Administrator

Thanked 3,124 Times in 2,434 Posts
Liked 4,403 Times in 2,089 Posts
Re: April Photo Challenge Seasonal Colours

Here are my comments on the winning entries, comments on the remaining entries will follow in due course.

Alfbranch This superb shot owes its magical colours to the very red light of a newly risen winters sun, a phenomenon that you have to get up early for if you wish to capture it. As usual, Alf has made the effort and been richly rewarded. I love how he has cropped tight to focus attention on the lone tree and its reflection against the towering mountainside, bathed in that gorgeous light.

Chris
The contrast between crisp morning light and deep shadows helps to bring out the colours and Chris was there early enough to capture the reflections before the breeze ruffled the water. The dead tree is ideally positioned to provide foreground interest.

pdk42 I love the simple geometry of this shot, with the two trees conforming to classic rule of thirds. The plough lines in the field echo the trunks of the trees, which makes the whole composition harmonious and the verdant green captures the freshness of spring perfectly, To make the photograph complete, the billowing clouds provide plenty of drama and interest to the sky, which accounts for two thirds of the image.

AJW The gate and path beyond invite the viewer into the scene, with the rich colours and mellow light of autumn making it all the more attractive. A well-thought composition.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
alfbranch (18th May 2018), MJ224 (16th May 2018), OM USer (17th May 2018)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
chris (16th May 2018), MJ224 (16th May 2018)