View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2018

Liked 123 Times in 82 Posts
Re: Editing Challenge No. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wornish View Post
You got there - great job. Trial and error pays off in the end. Thats how we all learn.

If I was being really picky I would perhaps suggest you slightly reduce the lighting on the stonework around the windows real light would only spread a small amount and be less noticeable and fade the further away from the window edge it goes.

You have shown persistence and it delivered results.

Good fun this challenge - certainly kept me occupied. Some recent posts are certainly pushing the boundaries to the limit.
I used a slightly different method. All edits done in Lightroom. To enhance the rectangular windows add 1x grad filter top to bottom of the image with reduced exposure increased vibrance and contrast. tweak highlights and shadows slightly (grad filter). Add additional individual radial filters to the windows, invert and adjust accordingly changing the white balance, and exposure. Then any edges outside window touch up with a brush or use eraser to blend in with high feather and automask. Only downside to my methed was the circular windows, as I couldnt tweak them well enough, but certainly the rectangular windows came out well.
OM USer (23rd January 2018)