View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2015

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Its a girl :) well done Kate & Wills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post

For what its worth, its not a life I would want. Many of my clients are very wealthy people, but the more I learn about them and their lifestyles the less I want it myself.
Hear Hear

We have "friends" who live 1.5m - 3m homes Show Houses which every day/week/month & year look like a Strutt & Parker or Savills Property Sales "set" Never a "home" ; they barely spend much time there, working long hours and travelling into London on the train every week day - hardly see their children ... who are at minders or nursery until school and age 7 go to boarding school only to be seen when the school Inconveniences Parents with extra long holidays, far more than state school children

kitchens are installed which cost upwards from 58,000 and they are not cooked in, more than once a week and most often, then by a "paid chef to cook for a dinner party"

Often these big houses are so darn COLD - rarely getting the heating on as a) owners only there to sleep week day nights and b) it COST an absolute fortune to heat in excess of 5,000 sq ft homes

Give a snug sitting room and a wood burner anyday in a cute cottage thats a real home to me and LIVED IN daily
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album