View Single Post
Old 4th November 2014

Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Juggling with fire and long flames

Chevvy

Love it !!

If the object of the day was to tell a story in a single image, you have succeeded!! This has it all.. a ring, spectators, jugglers, fire, drummers, the big dog, circus signage telling the viewer where you/they are, it is full of colour, sharp, well exposed and show movement very well.

In this case the image could NOT be improved.

The one thing I would do to this image without worrying too much or knowing which software you have........is emphasise the fire/torches ... try and reduce what is happening behind the fire to highlight the beautiful shape the torches are making as they are thrown.

I would start by using a "blurring" tool to soften/fade the drummer /keyboard player( but not the flames) and work that effect a little to his left and right side.
You will need to zoom in really tight to fade the drummer//keyboard player only.

If you felt really adventurous..........you could add some blurr to incorporate the chap standing by the curtain.

neither of these suggestions are detrimental to your original shot.

Wish I could have been there. Wish I had a nickname like Damien

Maybe we could give each other nicknames??
Chevvyf1 (4th November 2014)