View Single Post
Old 27th October 2018

Liked 3,103 Times in 1,669 Posts
Re: Communal flowers, trees, plants and fungi thread

A Pretty Little Mushroom Mycena pseudocorticola

This grows on the bark of a branch on our very old pear tree. It reaches only about 3mm diameter and is grey to bluish. Unlike most mushrooms, this grow well above ground level and I had to stand on a garden stool to take these shots. It is saprobic on live, more or less moss-covered, bark of broad-leaved trees. A similar, but pink or reddish species, Mycena meliigena may be found growing alongside it but I have not seen this.

First image FOV 7mm cropped to ca 5mm:

Olympus EM-1 (manual mode), Laowa 25mm f2.8 2.5x-5x ultra-macro at f11, triple TTL flash, hand-held.

Remainder:

Olympus EM-1 (manual mode), Olympus 4/3 x2 TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, f8, triple flash hand-held.

The stereos are crosseye.

Harold

I have just found two images, shot four years ago with my EP-2, using flash,I have just found two images, shot four years ago with my EP-2, using flash, lens not recorded but probably Leitz Emarit 60mm macro. The flash was calibrated legacy Olympus T Series manual. They show the colour better. They show the typical colour better. This made me wonder if I used the wrong WB for the above images but a check showed that I did not. An internet search produced images of both colour forms.

I photographed it in October 2014 and in October 2018. It may be around in other months.

Harold

gingram (30th October 2018)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
DavyG (8th November 2018), MJ224 (31st October 2018)