View Single Post
Old 28th May 2013

Thanked 1,145 Times in 904 Posts
Liked 1,383 Times in 836 Posts
Re: Olympus Viewer 3 update 1.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falk View Post
Ross, thanks for your efforts in explaining. I am not sure what causes the problems, but it is not the usual download error or something. I got the first file from Oly-Japan (I believe) and the last from Oly-Germany.
I always, when possible, save an installation file to my HDD, to store and keep it for later use, if nothing else. I still have the old version file of Viewer3 - and when I hover over the filename in Explorer it tells me the version number 1.0.1 vs. 1.0.2. - so the is a difference. But, the file has exactly the same size: 97.459MB
What also puzzles me is the fact, that I get an "installation successful" message! Going to Software/Desinstallation option within the system, I see an entry too. That's really weired.

I still have Viewer2 installed and that may be a problem? Which would be a programing mess of some magnitude ...
I use custom installation, as I don't want the default. May be a problem with Viewer3 demanding C:/programs/ as the only valid option?! Which would be a programing mess of some magnitude ...
My Avira Virus Shield is active throughout the process and should not have caused a problem without notifying me. To disable this would be something to try, but I am not very fond of it in the first place.

I may try the installation file on a machine of my children and so veryfy if it works there or at all.
I still have OV2 on my laptop as well & on the PC too (both 32 bit Win7 with AVG suite).
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross the fiddler For This Useful Post:
Falk (28th May 2013)