View Single Post
Old 7th January 2019

Liked 712 Times in 478 Posts
Re: Anyone print A3 ?

I ave no experience of Permajet profiling, but the Fotospeed system is pretty simple and I imagine Perjet's will be similar. You download a package from their website which contains a standard chart with a load of colour patches, a profile order form, and some instructions. You print the chart(s) and post off to Fotospeed and at some point you get an email with profile(s) attached. Installation of the profiles is really straightforward, and is covered in the instructions.

There are two things to look out for. The tricky bit is that you have to print this without any profiling or adjustments getting in the way - the FS instructions suggest using Adobe Colour Print Utility and give instructions accordingly. The other is that you have to provide a paper type in the print driver, and remember to set the same one when printing using the profile. On my Epson I specify Premium Semi-Gloss for all gloss papers and (I think) Archival Matt for all matt ones. It all works pretty well.

I like Fotospeed paper, I am sure Permajet is also good - and probably comes from the same factory with a different label on the box. I was disappointed that last year Fotospeed discontinued my favourite gloss paper, Platinum Gloss. I got some really good results with it and haven't yet managed to match them using the newer papers. I use their Pigment-Friendly series for general stuff, comes in at about 40 per sheet of A4 I think, and Fine Art for for serious work at more like a quid a shot. They also do Matt Proofing paper which is lightweight and much cheaper - I used it for proofing last time I had an exhibition and was really impressed by the image quality.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to Bikie John For This Useful Post:
stevewestern (20th January 2019)