Thread: Lens confusion
View Single Post
Old 31st December 2018

Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts
Question Lens confusion

Hi there.
I'm having a lens issue which should be easy to solve by buying a different lens, if only I knew what to buy.
I have a 14-40 1:2.8 Pro for use with my E-M5II which I'm very happy with - most of the time. However, now and again a little more reach would not go amiss and so decided to buy one of the cheapy Olympus 40-150 1:4-5.6 ED as the reviews seem reasonable for the outlay and its light weight makes it attractive to me.
So my problem is that I ordered the cheapy lens which arrived today (used but in excellent condition) but I can't mount it onto the camera. Putting the Pro lens mount up against the newly purchased one shows and obvious diameter size difference.
I've been onto the company who say that the lens should be compatible with my camera. I've emailed them with my problem and am waiting for a reply but suspect the lens will be going back. Not a problem, but if it doesn't fit, then what exactly am I looking for?
The description of the lens I have just received read: 'Olympus 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED'
Many thanks in advance.