View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2018

Thanked 1,246 Times in 935 Posts
Liked 5,950 Times in 1,939 Posts
Re: Is this a conspiracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internaut View Post
We have a frightening number of people who don’t think critically. They’re more likely to be angry, and that makes them more likely to vote. As far as I’m concerned, until voting is mandatory the system is rigged by default and wide open to dangerous populist movements.

At the same time, we shouldn’t merely dismiss the angry people.... Anger has a cause and consequences. In my line of business I read last week that Indian outsourcing giant, Tata Consultancy Services, is being taken to court in the US. Apparently, some ninety percent of the staff at their large US offices are in the US on visas. Fake news or real? Doesn’t matter; it will make people angry either way. I predict a second term for Trump*.

* The really scary thing about Trump? He might actually be right about some things, and now gets to solve the problems he sees in his own way....
We do work with a very large US retailer and they have outsourced the vast majority of their IT to Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Whilst some of what TCS do for them is off-site, a lot is done on-site and the vast majority of the workers are from India on temporary visas. The poor sods get worked to the bone because they are hoping to stay long enough to qualify for a green card. Any slacking and they are back on the plane to India.

TCS have recently taken over the IT for several UK retailers too, including M&S. They do have a very successful business model - but it's based on low cost through low pay.
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following User Liked This Post:
Internaut (24th November 2018)