View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2018

Thanked 1,245 Times in 934 Posts
Liked 5,949 Times in 1,938 Posts
Re: Is this a conspiracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
Are the authors suggesting that Leave voters are more gullible than Remainers?
I don't think it's a case of being gullible. I think it's a case that some believe that the "establishment" is hiding secret plans to pursue a hidden agenda, usually to the detriment of the common man. This sort of thinking inevitably leads to negative opinions of any source of authority, with the most negative opinions reserved for those who are most different or remote to us. In a nutshell, the conspiracy mindset is perfect for the Brexit mindset.

Quote:
I cannot believe 'the authorities' would have an interest in Muslims becoming the majority in the UK, but Muslims themselves may well have an interest in doing so. Indeed, some have even spoken of a 'bloodless takeover' in Europe. If there is any conspiracy I suspect it would be a case of some local councils turning a blind eye rather than central government actively promoting inward migration; just as some local councils chose to turn a blind eye to sexual abuse by certain groups for fear of creating racial tensions.
I'm suspicious of the motives of all religious organisations since they possess that most dangerous of ideas - faith.

Quote:
With regard to uncontrolled immigration during the Blair era; I thought it was generally accepted that the government of the day had no way of knowing how many Eastern Europeans had come into the UK, how many stayed or how many had left. Is this not the case?
Probably. I was never a fan of TB - a man of faith in more ways than one.

Quote:
There have been many illogical and unexplained events over the years including the death of Dianna, Princess of Wales, and conspiracy theories often provide convenient but inaccurate explanations in the absence of known facts.

I hear there are now conspiracy theories circulating about the wildfires in California but I have no idea where the evidence comes from.
I think that Diana's death is pretty obvious isn't it - a drunk/drugged driver driving at crazy speeds in a crowded city whilst trying to outrun intrusive journalists. Her injuries were fatal because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt (one person survived the crash - the only one wearing a seatbelt). What more is there to it?
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Bengeo (23rd November 2018), Jim Ford (23rd November 2018), RobEW (30th November 2018)