View Single Post
Old 4th November 2018

Liked 108 Times in 44 Posts
Re: Hello from Bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB View Post
To be contd with the type of stuff I do ...
When I was successful in getting early retirement (I never wanted to work beyond 50) I didn't pursue photography as much as I thought I would, but recently what would have previously been purely fishing trips have changed to calling in an RSPB reserve on the way to (or way back) the coast, normally Dorset or Exmoor, exploring the local area, heading off to the other coast to do the samr, campsite for the night in season, B&B out of season, and perhaps get a couple of hours of fishing in somewhere. As I stay only a few minutes drive from dark skies locations I'm tempted to try some astro photography.

Locally, taking our dog out for about 10 miles a day, starting before dawn (except for summer) I usually take a camera if expecting a good sunrise/sunset. Where we take our dog nearly every day there's usually 2 Barn Owls around dawn, Kestrels, Red Kites, Buzzards,100s of Skylarks, Meadow Pippets, Geese, Mallards and an occasional Little Egret on the pond, yesterday there was a Peregrine. We regularly see Roe Deer in the fields and occasional Fallow Deer, lots of Foxes, up to 5 Buzzards at time (mainly over my veg plot). This morning there were 6 Red Kites on the village school's fields, but we've seen over 30 where they roost. All that within a 5 to 15 min walk from our house.

There's also a nature reserve only 5 miles away with a couple of hides and gets visited by Otters.
The Following User Liked This Post:
RobEW (18th November 2018)