View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2017

Thanked 1,302 Times in 1,017 Posts
Liked 1,943 Times in 1,079 Posts
Re: AF Fine Adjustment on E-M1 Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman View Post
Look forward to hear how you get on with this one, Ross. I have calibrated my lenses, where I felt they've needed doing, including 40-150mm 2.8 +MC-14. Purchased a Spyder Lenscal, used tripod etc and remembering to turn off the image stab'. Easy to get carried away with all this stuff but in my case, definitely worth doing ! All my current lenses are MFT(no 4/3's) and seem to remember I had fun working out how the camera function actually worked. For a zoom lens, you can adjust for the wide and tele end, on that same lens. Once confident how it worked, I was having great fun testing all my lenses and I found you can't spoil anything.... into menu, turn lens data off and you're back where you started.

Mark
So you did do the AF Fine Adj in the Mk II then for those lenses? Great! I only took a quick stab at a +10 for the tele end of the 40-150 Pro & MC14. I'm familiar with using it on the E-M1 (Mk I) with the 50-200 SWD lens & EC14 etc. The Sigma macro lens & EC14 also need it too. I had some doubts about it when the adjustment figure doesn't show when reviewing the images though. I'll do meore checking tomorrow in day light again. Thanks for your feadback.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).