View Single Post
Old 17th October 2018
Administrator

Thanked 3,124 Times in 2,434 Posts
Liked 4,397 Times in 2,086 Posts
Re: September Photo Challenge: Landscape

I've been asked to write a few words about each entry, which will be a pleasure but I might have to do it a few at a time, so please bear with me. Anyhow, here goes!

Barr1e was first to enter with a splendid field of sunflowers adding a huge swathe of colour to the scene. It would be nice if the sunflowers were lifting their heads but they were probably getting very heavy by this stage and sometimes you can't have everything. Nevertheless this field was a great find!

Next to break cover was hruissen with a rather artistic, impressionist submission. I really like the sense of movement, which suggests a dynamic ever-changing landscape and it's nice to see someone taking a risk to produce something different.

pdk42 has built a reputation here as an excellent and prolific landscape photographer, but this shot truly excels to claim a well deserved 2nd place. I love the soft dawn light, the thin band of mist beneath the castle and the dynamic patterns in the clouds, which seem to be radiating from the iconic building. But what I most admire is the clever use of the foreground bunch of seaweed, it's shape echoing the distant castle, to which it is perfectly placed to achieve a strong link and really draw the eye into the scene.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
Barr1e (17th October 2018), MJ224 (17th October 2018)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
alfbranch (18th October 2018), OwenMc (22nd October 2018), Phill D (18th October 2018)