View Single Post
Old 21st September 2015

Liked 877 Times in 401 Posts
Re: Communal dragonfly and butterfly thread

I keep posting a few pictures to try and get this going. I know lots of people take pictures of butterflies and dragonflies. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Anyway, I am looking to answer one of Ron's questions from early on. In doing so I am having to look through pictures from a few years back. Still not found it but I thought this was interesting. And I am still looking for Ron!

the colour is not processed. It is just a gentle crop to make the butterfly a little bigger. But this is how it was on the day, a blue butterfly (provencal short tailed blue) in a field of very dry grain (wheat?) in France. I kept very calm and took a number of pictures. Some were in focus (well it was my e3 and 150mm macro so heavy to hand hold) and this one is quite nice, I think. But the fact it looks highly processed to bring out the blue against a monotone is a trick of the brain - it is all natural.

You can see some of my things on Flickr
The Following Users Liked This Post:
brian1208 (21st September 2015), cliff (21st September 2015), Olybirder (21st September 2015), raymondo (8th October 2015)