View Single Post
Old 18th September 2015

Liked 800 Times in 374 Posts
Re: Communal dragonfly and butterfly thread

Two more from France. I will then look out some more behavioural shots from England.

This is to 'gently' upset Ron (well he upset me first! with his swallowtail). A Southern White Admiral. But not the White Admiral we get in the UK. A personal favourite of mine and quite hard to see in the UK but when you do see them it is a wonderful sight.

Can you imagine the Gite we stayed in had them in the Garden, and they fed from the buddleia. So the challenge was to get them away from the buddleia and take them when they posed on something more exotic.

I have dozens of shots and one I might add later shows off a wonderful iridescent blue which shines in a special way on the black upper-side. But the under-side is fantastic too.

And then A Queen of Spain fritillary

This one had a clipped wing from a bird attack. I have taken the shot to minimise the impact of the war-wound. But as Brian said it is important to me to see the insect in it's real situation and to be able to tell it's story. This one beat a bird strike, and lived to fly another day.

You can see some of my things on Flickr
The Following Users Liked This Post:
bredman (21st September 2015), brian1208 (18th September 2015), Olybirder (18th September 2015), rsh1960 (18th September 2015)