Thread: Lancashire Day
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2010

Liked 134 Times in 50 Posts
Re: Lancashire Day

Thanks! It was a good day, but I can't remember the last time I was so cold! I believe it was -6 at one point, but they may have been exaggerating!

I've always been very wary of taking photos of people in the street, but I'm getting a bit braver now. It helps when you're at an event where people expect to see cameras. I would have loved to have taken some shots of the children on the free ice skating rink, but didn't dare. They were having a whale of a time!

There was one guy there with a rather expensive Nikon camera who seemed to be struggling a bit with the low light...he kept lifting the camera up to his eye, then shaking his head and pressing lots of buttons...I didn't like to tell him that he still had the lens cap on!

I'd met him earlier at the food stand and we'd had a bit of a chat, as toggers do...he made a comment about how I'd probably struggle with the low light later in the day...yes I did, but not as much as he did! I do have a photo, but it's not good to mock the afflicted!

We did get a bit of late afternoon sunshine, but it didn't last long!

Even the organisers joined in...

On the whole it was a fun day, although it's really shown me the limitations of my camera/lenses when it comes to low light. However, I can't afford to make any changes now, so I'm going to have to learn to live with it.

Janet