View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2018

Liked 1,646 Times in 1,123 Posts
Re: ISO 3200 from Kodak

I do buy it (film) and have a hundred rolls or more of colour film (mostly Velvia and Provia) in the freezer, so I won't be running out any time soon.

I am a great fan of Velvia in particular, but I have recently been using the 'new' Kodak Ektar 100 colour negative film, which is a real joy to use.

I also use quite a lot of B&W when the mood and opportunity takes me. FP4 and HP5 are my favourites. I am trying some Fuji Acros at the moment, but I fear that pleasure will be short lived.

However, whilst I have enough film to keep me going for a few years (with care), if the big names did pull the plug on it the whole film infrastructure would very quickly disappear.

I am told that Fuji have not produced a single roll of film for over a year now. I am not sure how true this is, but I do know that Fuji's films seem to be disappearing almost weekly at present. However, Fuji is also one of the world's biggest manufacturers of photographic papers, so if they have stopped film production how long will they continue to produce papers?

It seems that mobile phones and digital cameras have a lot to answer for.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
The Following User Liked This Post:
Ricoh (2nd July 2018)