View Single Post
Old 18th February 2014

Liked 145 Times in 101 Posts
Re: Trading on the e-group forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer Simpson View Post
I nearly joined in the ruckus, last week, as I thought people were unfairly ganging up on that particular seller. Basically the only person who should have felt aggrieved was the original seller and he came on to state he was not concerned. Beyond that it was no one else’s business.
In the last year someone joined and was trying to buy kit – people were offering stuff at decent prices but he dismissed them as too much and pleaded poverty. I think some took pity and he acquired kit at below the market value. Some months passed and he “upgraded” – was I the only one to notice his change of heart regarding prices when he was a seller? He is now an active member and I would not mind betting if I named him there would be uproar here.
My point is someone might join to buy & sell but end up here as a participating member and that we all might want to participate in a different way, so lets maintain the tolerance I think this site should be justly proud of.
I'm the guilty curmudgeon (not the seller, the original ganger), but I tried to comment gently and even PM'd the forum about whether I was even allowed to point things out.
I got no reply from Ian on that, but really didn't want to overstep any rules.
I'm sorry if my comments have caused harm, but happy if the forum remains almost non-commercial as a result.
I'm always one for a bargain, but also fairness and honour.
I also think your post was great and totally agree with you on all points.