View Single Post
Old 16th February 2010

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Yatesbury All Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Another good set of church images Nick, you really have made this subject your own. I was wondering though, do you take any closeups of the textures and features of the interiors. I would like to have seen a bit more of the detail in woodwork [fret work and organ pipes, chorister? pew panels],and stone [colour,carvings] etc.

ewan
Thank you Ewan

I mostly do overall views, as that seems to be the 'gap' in church representation - at least on the web. There are a number of sites that provide a good 'survey' of churches with detail shots

I got into church photography because I have a 'casual' intererest in churches and architecture (far less knowledgable than the dedicated 'crawlers'), but then found few pictures that actually showed what a church was like inside.

I might start presenting more detailed shots - perhaps via the gallery interface to my theChurchPhotographer blog. Not sure as it's very early days for theChurchPhotographer. So feedback and suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

Nick

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk