View Single Post
Old 29th December 2017

Liked 282 Times in 179 Posts
Re: Happiness is.. a Pen F and a few small primes

Paul,

Your attached images admirably show what this stunning camera and the wonderful Oly primes are capable of. It is without a shadow of doubt the best 'all round' digital camera I have owned. The IQ is superb, ok it may not be to the same level as a 39MP Hasselblad I once owned ( not a lot is ) but it's more than good enough for me in reality, and at 1/10th of the cost of that 'blad a darn site better value too.

I would say 'for me' it is 99% perfect .... not 100%? ... well nothing is truly perfect. With regard to lenses, your selection makes perfect sense with the Pen-F and is the same as mine. These small primes are wonderful and are the perfect balance for the camera, the 75mm f1.8 is just about 'do-able' but starting to get a little ungainly hence I sold mine though I do sometimes wish I still had it.

Travelling light I pack one body with 25mm attached and the 12 & 45 'stacked' in a Billingham Hadley Digital, a satchel that is very compact, about 2/3rd the size of the Hadley Small I sold to you. Travelling 'fully loaded' I have one body with the 17mm attached, the other with the 45mm attached, the 12, 25 & FL14 all in another albeit slightly larger satchel.

The M4/3 system has really come of age in recent years and the remaining 'nay-sayers' have either not tried it or cannot come to terms with the fact that regarding IQ the 4/3 sensor is now able to compete more often than not with their system.

Back to your images ..... they are excellent.

Simon
benvendetta (29th December 2017), drmarkf (29th December 2017), MJ224 (30th December 2017), yorky (2nd January 2018)