View Single Post
Old 20th December 2008

Liked 417 Times in 190 Posts
Re: Which RAW developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlove View Post
That's very interesting Ian - I've got version 1 of Lightroom (latest version 1 that is), and thought it was brilliant, but the downside for me is that it stripped out Exif info when I saved my images (e.g for sending them in to this site) . It's probably because I'm doing something wrong, and although I've looked thoroughly I can't find a way of retaining it. As a consequence, I don't use it too often now. I like the look of version 2 but a) I can't afford it (not allowed - not even an upgrade), and b) if I could afford it I'm wary of the Exif info thing.
Thea,
The Export Functions in Lightroom version 2 (Library Module) allow you to specify whether or not you want to strip out the (EXIF) metadata - and I can confirm that if you choose not to "Minimise embedded Metadata" it leaves it intact in the JPGs or whatever format you save to.

There are also several user-created Export plug-ins readily available which allow you even more precise control of which sub-sets of metadata to retain. Go to the Lightroom forum at
http://www.lightroomforums.net/index.php
and have a look for further links. (I think some of the well-known plug-ins are also compatible with LR 1.4.1 - though I only started with LR @ version 2.1 so I can't confirm this.)

HTH