View Single Post
Old 18th April 2017

Thanked 1,075 Times in 815 Posts
Liked 4,963 Times in 1,616 Posts
Re: Uk snap election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
I disagree. We should all discuss politics openly and honestly. Why should we hide away from discussing matters that affect us in some way every day of our lives?

We have been let down in some way by a succession of governments of all flavours for as long as I can remember. Not talking about it doesn't make the problem go away.

As I said above, if everyone took as much interest in politics and the economy as they do in TV soap operas, and discussed them openly with others (as they do the soaps) we might not be in the collective mess that we now find ourselves in.

Perhaps there should be more political debate in the soaps? Just as long as it is balanced.

Finally, can I remind everyone that the sign above the Lounge door reads: "Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!"

That would suggest that we shouldn't be discussing photography here.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then Nigel. My point is simply that I want to interact here without any fear of my perception of any of you being affected by my prejudices of your politics. I guess I can ignore the thread - that's probably the best thing
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Greytop (20th April 2017), PeterBirder (18th April 2017), Zuiko (18th April 2017)