View Single Post
Old 18th April 2017

Liked 1,632 Times in 1,115 Posts
Re: Uk snap election

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
Actually, I agree. There are other places to discuss politics. I enjoy and appreciate everyone's input here and don't want to spoil it by political differences or prejudices. I vote to keep the chat to photography only. I'll delete my previous post on this thread.
I disagree. We should all discuss politics openly and honestly. Why should we hide away from discussing matters that affect us in some way every day of our lives?

We have been let down in some way by a succession of governments of all flavours for as long as I can remember. Not talking about it doesn't make the problem go away.

As I said above, if everyone took as much interest in politics and the economy as they do in TV soap operas, and discussed them openly with others (as they do the soaps) we might not be in the collective mess that we now find ourselves in.

Perhaps there should be more political debate in the soaps? Just as long as it is balanced.

Finally, can I remind everyone that the sign above the Lounge door reads: "Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!"

That would suggest that we shouldn't be discussing photography here.

Naughty Nigel

Difficult is worth doing
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Howi (19th April 2017), wornish (18th April 2017), Zuiko (18th April 2017)