View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2008
PeterD

Re: e-group UK forum terms and conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapula Memory View Post
What might be helpful here is if Ian changes the default setting for image edit to " no " meaning that the user would have to give permission on request to allow another user to edit the image. This would certainly remove the surprise of having ones images edited without you realising that can be done. I think that would remove the confusion you have experienced.

On another note however I think the T&Cs here are very clear and easy to understand. It can be solidly argued that it is your responsibility to read them as you would have ticked a box in the set up process that says you agree to the terms here. You must have ticked that box to agree to these terms. As a user of any forum or web site I always look at the terms and conditions thoroughly and most definately the privacy policy and have sometimes disagreed with them for whatever reason and chosen not to continue. You say yourself that no one reads things right through but there are many others that do.

Having said that I cannot imagine users on here altering images in any other way other than for the purpose of helping others. I think this is a very useful facility to have and I myself have benefitted from this.

John
Hi John/OlyFlyer

I think that images posted here should remain the property of the originator whilst also agreeing with you John that changes to images up to now have been done with care and with the sole intention of helping the originator. We should retain this flexibility.

By default, no changes should be allowed but permission to alter/improve images should be requested by PM to the originator. Thats a matter of courtesy. A means to allow editing should then be available, to the originator, to allow the nominated registered user to make changes. When re posted, the modified image should bear the names of the originator and the editor. I woud hope that by this means we can retain the flexibility but protect any potential malicious or unauthorised editing in the future. Each one of us has a unique handle and therefore this should allow such a change to be implemented.

What do you think?

Kind regards

PeterD