View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2008
OlyFlyer

e-group UK forum terms and conditions

I am sorry if I am the kill joy again, but one of the members has just pointed me to the terms and conditions of the forum.

Quote:
When posting images to the forum, your image may be downloaded and edited and/or enhanced by another forum user for re-posting in the interests of topical forum debate. This evolution of forum practice has worked well, so if you prefer that your images not be changed and reposted, you must clearly state this in your original posting.
That happaned because I complained about downloading, editing and re-posting one of my images. To me, it is wrong if that is allowed by default, and I, the original photographer and the copyright owner must state specifically if I don't want that. I don't want to use the word 'artist' but I do anyway. Now, do you all consider it is OK to do that with your images without being asked for in advance? Aren't you the artist, the one who decides if you want your image altered in any way? Or is that so that like me, and this member, the terms were not known before, because, honestly, not everybody reads everything in advance. I am sure namely, that the terms were not known to this member, until after several message postings, and possibly some help from somebody else in this matter, who pointed him to the terms.

IMO, if an image is posted, it is everybodies freedom to critisize that image in any way verbally, but to edit an image unless it is asked for is wrong, way out of line, regardless how well meant that is, and I should not have to be one who needs to state that every time I post an image. Only I, the 'artist' have the right to decide what is and what is not an enhancement of my image. I am however always ready to listen to any critical words about my images. I thougth that was very clear here, since this is a photo forum. Apparently, I was mistaken.

OK, enough ranting for today. I will carefully reconsider posting images next time (if there will be a next time), and I am very sad that this behavoir is considered OK on this forum.